Curious about the history of Dundalk United Methodist Church or just want to learn more?
Serving since 1930, our Christ-centered, people-oriented mission is to serve God by worshiping, and to serve the community by evangelizing and recognizing and meeting human needs. Dundalk United Methodist Church was organized as a mission of Patapsco Methodist Episcopal Church.
The first Sunday School class met on October 5, 1930 in the Odd Fellows Hall at Baltimore Avenue and Willow Spring Road. On January 4, 1931, our first worship center (shown below), located on Willow Spring Road on a lot given by The Bethlehem Steel Company, was consecrated.
The Bethlehem Steel Company donated the present site early in 1937. The building here was consecrated on March 27, 1938 and the mortgage burned on Palm Sunday, March 29, 1942 (shown below).
On June 27, 1954, the present larger sanctuary and organ were dedicated (shown below).
The educational building was consecrated on March 13, 1963 (shown below).
In 1968, we became known as Dundalk United Methodist Church. Community College of Baltimore County Dundalk campus began in our church building. Classes met here from August 1971 through June 1973, when CCBC Dundalk move to its present site.